Musicman HD130 Alnico 12" speaker | Warehouse Guitar Speakers
NOW FREE SHIPPING TO 48 CONTIGUOUS UNITED STATES ON ALL ORDERS!!!

Musicman HD130 Alnico 12" speaker

Error message

Notice: unserialize(): Error at offset 0 of 22 bytes in variable_initialize() (line 1202 of /home/wgsusa/public_html/includes/bootstrap.inc).
2 posts / 0 new
Last post  |
Robert Templeton
02/23/2018 12:04pm

Hey Vaughn,
Are you familiar with the Alnico speaker that came in the older Musicman HD 130 amps? And if so what WGS speaker would have the same or similar sound as this speaker? I just bought a new '68 Custom Deluxe Reverb and did not like the Celestion V speaker that came in it. So I had a WGS G12C/S that I tried and it was ok but a little too dark as you have said before. So I had almost decided to buy the ET-65 when I remembered I had a Musicman HD 130 Alnico speaker and thought what the heck, I'll give it a try. All I can say is, is WOW! I play mostly country with a little classic rock and blues and this speaker sounds great. The lows are tight and punchy and the highs are really sweet, no ear piercing at all. I play a Tele set up similar to Brent Masons and this amp and speaker set up has the tone I have been looking for, for a long time. I hope I don't ever have to replace it but, if it ever comes to that, I would like to know what speaker would be the closest WGS to it I could find as the Musicman speakers are really hard to find. Thanks, Robert.

VAUGHN SKOW
02/25/2018 5:58pm

Probably the closest WGS would be the Blackhawk AlNiCo ... but they have such a huge Alnico magnet that they are quite expensive. Yes, the G12C/S is too dark ... and the G12C will be too BRIGHT (I guarantee).

Dean is working on small-magnet Alnico models even as we speak ... but until they are available ... yes, the ET65 will be your best bet. And yes, most of those MusicMan speakers were a little under-powered and there certainly are not many healthy ones floating around.