building out a custom 2 x 12 for use with modeler, Duncan powerstage 170 need assistance plz! | Warehouse Guitar Speakers
NOW FREE SHIPPING TO 48 CONTIGUOUS UNITED STATES ON ALL ORDERS!!!

building out a custom 2 x 12 for use with modeler, Duncan powerstage 170 need assistance plz!

Error message

Notice: unserialize(): Error at offset 0 of 22 bytes in variable_initialize() (line 1202 of /home/wgsusa/public_html/includes/bootstrap.inc).
1 post / 0 new
gbarnwell_79400
06/20/2023 6:13pm

Title says it all :)

What I'd really love to know but can't easily find, is how you compute total wattage and impedance of wiring two speakers together. I assume since you are wiring two speakers in parallel, you add the impedance (2 4 ohm speakers make an overall 8) but wattage.... not sure how that works.

I want to build an optimum 2 x 12 for rock/metal stuff, using it with a modeler and the Duncan Powerstage 170 as mentioned. It delivers 170 Watts at 4 ohms. What does this mean for an 8 or 16 ohm cabinet?

What two 12" speakers (with power rec's) would you reckon to be the best application?

Thanks and apologies if I missed this already covered, I looked and looked before posting.